Ancient Light Studios GbR
How I process your personal data
I try to not collect data in the first place, which removes a lot of headaches. So there are no cookies, forms, mailing lists, ads, trackers, analytics, social media and similar nonsense on this site. Now that that is out of the way let’s quickly get into the specifics.
When you request a website through your browser your request gets sent to my hosting provider Netlify in the United States. They will collect your IP address, first and foremost to send the website back to you - which isn’t possible if you don’t have an IP address to send the data to. They will also store it for 30 days to be able to mitigate attacks and keep their infrastructure running. So they have a legitimate interest in keeping your IP address, which is what you need to collect all kinds of data. I do not have access to the server logs myself, so I don’t get to see your IP address.
If you decide to send me an email, I will keep it for as long as the conversation goes and then delete it. I will not put you into any mailing lists and spam you afterwards and I will also not sell your email to someone else.
No cookies on this site. Spares me the trouble of explaining how they work and spares you the trouble of wondering what evil I might do with them. As an additional bonus you don’t need to click away one of those idiotic cookie-banners.
Ok, this will sound a bit legalese, but I’m legally required to read your rights to you as if I were a police officer in some bottom of the barrel US movie. So here we go:
- You have the right to get information about your personal data that I process. I will need some proof that you are who you claim to be, before I can give data out though.
- You have the right to let me correct personal data that I collected from you.
- You have the right to ask me to delete data I have collected from you.
- You have the right to ask me to no longer process data I have collected from you.
- You are entitled to get data I collected about you in some portable format.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority for data protection if you don’t like how I process your personal data.
- You are not required to give me your personal data at all. However
you cannot use the website without giving your IP address and you
cannot send me a mail without giving me your mail address to reply to.
That’s just how things work.